Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oh me! Did you see what's posted over at The Plantersville Connection? It's Then and Now versions of Richard and me and the fruit of our union. Wow! What a difference 43 years makes, huh? George treated me to lunch today at Walker's, which is always very good. Thanks, Friend, I enjoyed it and will end this year's birthday celebration on that delicious note.

Tonight after choir, we're having a surprise birthday party for David. I would like to capture on video the song we're performing for him, Oh David, Thou Art Fifty, written by our senior tenor and dinner host Don Lacy. It's to the tune of Oh Sacred Head Now Wounded, and it is hysterically funny. I'm supposed to play, if I can control my laughter. Last week, I gave up, just couldn't play and laugh. We are, without a doubt, the most irreverant bunch of folks I've ever known, and we always have lots of fun.

Speaking of fun, I have to share this joke from LaRue. It had me laughing out loud.

A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly cold winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon forty years earlier. Now, because of their very hectic schedule, it was difficult to coordinate their travel plans. So the husband left Minneapolis and flew to Florida on Friday, and his wife was going to fly there the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel, but unlike when they were there the first time forty years earlier, there was a computer in the room and he decided to send an email to his wife. As he typed out the address, however, he accidentally made a one-letter mistake in the email address.

Meanwhile, in Houston, Texas, a Baptist pastor had just had a heart attack and died. His wife returned home from the funeral and decided to check her email, thinking that there might be messages from relatives and so on.

After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted dead away. The widow's son rushed into the room and found his mother on the floor. He then saw the computer screen, and here is what it said:

"To my darling wife, I know that you are surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you're allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and checked in. I see that everything's been prepared for your arrival tomorrow, and I look forward to seeing you then. I hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

"P.S. It sure is hot down here!"

A cheerful heart is good medicine... (Prov 17:22a)

No comments: