Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Santa Claus came and went and left lots of STUFF while he was here. I wish he had taken the TV's with him. The noise really gets on Gramma's nerves. The video games can't be played without it, though, so I'm fighting a losing battle.
.
Pip has been in a happy mood ever since he got here. He got a little cross this morning after eating lots of chocolate and drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper, but Karen turned on the movie Cars and he calmed down to watch it. I'm so glad he's feeling better than he was last Thursday when they were here. He's saying several words now and I can actually understand a few of them.
.
Benji left earlier to take Bella and Phin back to their dad's in Memphis. I was tempted to call him and tell him I'd hid their car keys so his kids would be spending the whole day here, and if he didn't like it, he would just have to deal with me. Bella and Phin may not have liked that, though, since this is jackpot day for them. I'm glad both their parents play Santa. Some kids of divorced parents aren't so lucky.
.
My sons and daughter-in-laws took my request for a good housecleaning seriously and gave me a gift card from Merry Maids. I think it's one of the best gifts I've gotten in a long time. Mike gave me a white terry robe which will come in handy at the gym, as well as around the house. I gave him the Eagles CD he asked for plus a couple of knit pants for his gym workouts. We also gave each other a new printer.
.
I talked to the Tampa Bordens just briefly this morning. I think Mary Ann was the only one not preoccupied with a video game. She says they'll be here on the 1st after spending time at her mom's and a day in Memphis with Benji's bunch. They always spend Christmas Day at their own house and wait until the day after to make their way to Mississippi.
.
I didn't go to church last night. I was coughing too badly and didn't want to spread my germs any more than I will with family here. The coughing is not so bad today, but my voice sounds more bass than soprano. I don't feel bad, but my nerves are on edge. Now that things have quieted down some, I'm feeling more relaxed. I love having my office upstairs away from the hub-bub that's usually going on downstairs.
.
I hope you're all having a great "first day of Christmas."

No comments: