Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Mike and I were married 15 years ago today. We're celebrating this anniversary with a fairly quiet day at home while I sneeze and blow my nose every 5 minutes. We've agreed to postpone our anniversary dinner date until I feel better.
.
Since the wedding was on the second day of Christmas, we used 2 turtle doves, a traditional symbol of everlasting love, as decoration on the wedding cake, a Red Velvet with Italian Cream Frosting. We married in the Chapel of Saint Andrew's Cathedral, which was decorated beautifully in holiday greenery with poinsettias and candles. The reception was in the Camellia Room at the Edison Walthall Hotel.
.
Comparing last year's anniversary post with this year's, it's obvious a significant shift has taken place in my feelings over the past twelve months. I love the man I'm married to, but it's nothing like it was or like I ever expected it to be. I'm a lot less focused on my husband and our relationship, and have concentrated this year on taking care of myself. He and the marriage are what they are and I can't make something of them that they are not and never will/can be. And I'm ok with that.
.
Now if I could just get over this nasty cold...
.
Christmas pictures will be uploaded to Flickr soon.

No comments: