Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another Sunday spent at home...My head is so swimmy, I get dizzy when I stand up. My back and chest are sore from coughing, and I feel totally worthless. As my friend Jean says, "I'd have to die to get better." Actually, I feel about ready to take that step. The pharmacist said Zoloft withdrawal is responsible for some of this, the cold for the rest of it. I haven't had a fever, so it's not the flu.

Why did I try to change anti-depressants while fighting a cold? I had already started the tapering-off process from Zoloft, so I thought I should follow my doctor's advice and continue it. I've also started the Wellbutrin. These changes will stress one's system, which lowers its resistance to bugs and viruses.
.
But why did I have to do all of this at Christmas? Take my advice, Kiddos, and pick another time of the year if you ever have to do this, unless for some diabolical reason you want to feel like crap. It's not a smart move.
.
I found this information online: When one stops Zoloft too rapidly a withdrawal syndrome may develop. Among the symptoms that may be experienced are nausea, tremors, lightheadedness, muscle pains, weakness, insomnia, and anxiety. The withdrawal symptoms usually last 1-2 weeks but in some instances they may gradually decrease over a period as long as a month. It is generally recommended that one taper off this medication gradually under a doctor's supervision.
.
On to happier thoughts...
.
Happy Birthday, Karen! I hope you're having a lovely celebra-tion with family and friends.
.
I dreamed last night of Ricky's family being at Benji's house and they were making a family picture to give me as another Christmas gift. And Guys, if you haven't already thought of this, think about it, ok? I'd love to have one of all of you together.

No comments: