Thursday, December 20, 2007

8:30 am. I'm going Christmas shopping today. It's raining and 62*, just what I hoped for, but the rain is supposed to quit by noon, so I need to get out of here now.

3 hours later. Well, that didn't take long. I've never been in and out of stores so quickly and easily, especially this close to Christmas. I'm one of the few shoppers, obviously, who enjoys battling the elements. I'm getting a sore throat, so I may regret this foray into Mother Nature's dark, damp side. I didn't get chilled or wet, though, so maybe I'll be ok.

I did more listening than singing at choir practice last night, and didn't go to the dinner afterwards. In addition to the sore throat, I had a shoulder-neck-headache. A couple of friends recommended Zicam so I bought some while out. We'll see if it lives up to its hype.

I made a Christmas CD for Jean and took it to her this morning along with 3 others that I bought for Mother several years ago featuring the old big band swing tunes and crooners like Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra. She seemed tickled pink to get them. Her son Neal and his wife Sandra are visiting from Birmingham, so I got to meet them. Benji and his crew are stopping on their way to Mobile to drop off Santa stuff. They will be here Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

5:30 PM. Benji just left with his family. They were here about an hour, long enough for Pip to get over his mad spell for being awoken at Gramma's house. He still associates being here with being abandoned by his parents when they went to Mexico. After we assured him he was not being left again, he warmed up to me a little and actually gave me a kiss before he left. What a dude!

No comments: