Monday, November 12, 2007

Gus finally gave evidence last night that his plumbing is back to working right. I felt like passing out cigars, I've never felt so proud to see a dog poop. His appetite was fairly good this morning, but he's never been one to eat much breakfast. Around noon, he should be hungrier, if he's truly getting back to normal, and tonight he will be ravenous.
.

I looked back through my picture file to find one of the dogs running and the only one I found was made last summer on the pier below our swimming pool. If you zoom in on it, ( a simple click will give you the large version)you can see Gus smiling while his ears are flying in the breeze. That's a happy puppy right there! I hope and pray it isn't long before we see that effervescent energy in him again.
.
This picture was made before the repair work for Katrina damage was completed. The pier now extends to the fartherest bare piling and the shoreline sports new stone. The 75 mph winds ripped up the whole pier and the steps leading up to the pool. It also lifted the roofs of the two buildings that face the lake, and blew shingles off the other roofs.
.
Most of the neighbors I've seen and talked to since coming home have been very concerned about Gus. All have gently asked me to please not allow my dogs to run loose any more, even though Gus, more than likely, ingested styrofoam inside our house. Nevertheless, I've assured them all that they will not see them off-leash again. Is there a scarlet A on my chest for "airhead"?

No comments: