Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm skipping gym time today, trying to tie up some loose ends before I fly out of here on Friday. I got rid of one worry yesterday when I asked David to call the kid from Millsaps to play the organ on Nov. 18th. The pipe organ is great fun, and I intend to become proficient, but I need to learn to use both feet, heel and toe, on the bass pedals, rather than just the left foot toe like I used on the Hammond. I can do it, but to get comfortable and confident will require major rewiring of my tired old brain and hours of practice, something I won't have enough of between now and then. And I don't want it nagging on me while I'm on vacation.

Mary Ann is having her surgery today. Include her in your prayers. Gus was coughing this morning and the first thing I thought of was kennel cough, so pray for him, too. I would not enjoy my time away if there is a sick puppy at home. He would have to be hospitalized. Mike will be struggling to cope while I'm gone, but he is capable of doing everything for himself. He gained self-confidence when I went to Ireland, but when I got home, he soon fell back into depending on me for some of the things he'd been doing for himself. Pray for him. Our choir has an All Saint's Day Evensong tomorrow night at 6:00 and a difficult rehearsal tonight to get ready. Pray for our choir, our director, and our guest organist from Virginia.

Here's some good advice from my friend Sandra in P'ville:


The next time you feel like GOD can't use you,
just remember:
Noah was a drunk
Abraham was too old
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was homely
Joseph was mistreated and imprisoned
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer
Rahab was a prostitute
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
David was an adulterer and a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
Peter denied Christ
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried about everything
The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once
Zaccheus was too small
Paul was too religious
Timothy had an ulcer..
AND Lazarus was dead!
Still think you are of no use in God's grand plan?


No comments: