Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The first of the fall fronts is moving through our area, so today will be cloudy and cooler - 85* high instead of yesterday's 89*, but with today's cloud cover compared to yesterday's sunshine, it seems much cooler. Yes, I'm trying to talk myself out of going to the pool today.

I stayed up until 1:30 finishing the novel Susannah's Garden by Debbie Macomber, so I'm feeling sleepier than I usually do. And I dreamed about the dadgum book all night, it seemed. I so envied the mother-daughter relationships portrayed by the author, just a reminder how cold and indifferent my own mother was, so my dreams were not happy ones, and left me with some sadness and melancholy. I tend to internalize stories I read more often than stories I hear, or movies I watch, not sure why. It also reminded me of the trying time I had getting Mother moved out of her house and into assisted living, not a chapter in my story that I enjoy rereading.

Well, I took a break after the last paragraph and went to the pool just to visit with Pam and Jean, didn't wear my swimsuit, didn't get anything wet but my feet, but I feel better. I took the book back to Pam, who has yet to read it. Jean thought it was "a piece of fluff," "an easy read," "light entertainment for a day." I envy their relationship, too, but I'm included enough to feel loved and cared for. We talked about childbirth, always a bonding topic among females.
.
I need a change of scenery, think I'll go shopping.

No comments: