Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today it was just Jean and me at the pool. She's one of the most scintillating seniors I've ever known. If I live to be as old as she is, I would love to know I could be just half as vivacious as Jean is. What a blessing to be able to maintain cognition and a sense of humor, as she has. She and Pam are planning to visit St. Philip's in the near future. I hope they like it. It would be so nice to have neighbor friends who attend the same church.

Happy Birthday to my friend LaRue! Sorry you're feeling blue today. Something tells me that you will have been cheered greatly by the end of the day. For what it's worth, your horoscope today says:

Something big happens in your love life and you can hardly think about anything else. It could be someone new, or maybe a milestone of sorts with your current partner. Whatever it is, keep smiling!

That would put a smile on my face for sure!

Mike got a good report on the lipid profile he had done this morning at the doctor's office. The numbers were all good, he said, which should be encouraging, except for the fact that the numbers were good when he had his stroke, too. I don't put much faith in the numbers. He's gone to Terry for lunch with Ron and will probably spend the rest of the afternoon with him. I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon napping with Gus and Jay-Jay. Where is that backdoor man when I need him?

No comments: