Thursday, August 16, 2007

I had a pleasant 4 hour drive from Jackson to Memphis, and no trouble finding Benji's house once I got here. He and Karen were glad to see me, but Pip still hates me. I took him for a walk around the block in the stroller, so Benji could make his get-away, and he screamed himself to sleep, then took a good nap when we got back to the house.

I called Randy to see if we might arrange a visit the next time I come to Memphis. He and Bridgett have 4 boys. He sounded pleased that I called and quite agreeable to a visit if I let them know in time to plan for it. They were expecting their first baby the last time I saw them over 12 years ago at his father's funeral.

Gus and Jay-Jay are spending the night in the kennel. They looked so sad when I left them, it nearly made me cry. Mike is spending the night at Ron's and will pick them up around noon on Friday. I sure do miss them.

I made two new CD's from the downloaded music, and thoroughly enjoyed them on the drive up here. It was a live concert with Bonnie Raitt and friends, and some old torch songs by Diana Krall. Now that I've learned how to do it, I can think of so many songs I want. This will be fun, compiling my own favorites without buying the whole album.

Another first for me today - using a Mac! Today's post is from a Mac. It really is pretty simple.

1 comment:

Zoilus said...

Better yet, it's from a 400 mhz six-year-old iMac that still works fine. ;-) Yay, Steve Jobs.