Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Do something patriotic today: watch this video.

Happy 4th of July!

I had the most unpleasant dining experience at Corky's I've ever had. I was seated in a booth facing the bar and one of it's 3 TV sets, which was tuned to ESPN's hot dog eating contest. Yuck! I can't think of anything more unappetizing to dine by. I should have asked for a different seat or for the TV channel to be changed. I seemed to be the only customer or employee paying any attention to it. I tried not to watch it, but, like a hypnotized idiot, I couldn't make my eyes focus on anything else. It's no wonder the rest of the world sees Americans as gluttonous couch potatoes. And when did binging and barfing become a sport worthy of coverage on ESPN? Surely this has to be an "only in America" event.

The neighborhood cook-out was going strong at the pool earlier, but it was way too hot out there for me. The temp is only 86, but the humidity is around 70%, so I'll leave it to those who enjoy sweating more than I do.

No comments: