Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Clay and Cooper are due to arrive this afternoon. Ricky has asked that I keep them busy doing things other than watching TV. I may let them help me paint my screen doors, maybe a mural on the hot tub side panel and the door to the storage room. Wonder if they have any experience doing graffiti with spray paint? My garage walls could use some color. Does anyone see messy in my future? We'll spend plenty of time at the pool, too. Vance is taking them fishing Friday. Mike wants to take them to see Shreck III. They may not get to see much TV at all.

I have a new appreciation for the people who have sent back the survey. I love learning things I didn't know about people whom I thought I knew well. They seem even more multi-faceted to me now than before. I have a bad habit of classifying people by stereotypes, but the truth is, no one really ever fits the mold I try to put them in. Something atypical is usually there to make me take a longer look.

It's been raining most of the morning, so I didn't go to the pool. Maybe that's why I'm getting more e-mail this morning than usual. Is everybody stuck inside avoiding the rain? Oh well, whatever the reason, I'm enjoying it.

Mustang Sally has been grounded, she was about to get me in a heap of trouble. Mustang Mama (the original title of the hit song, changed when Aretha Franklin suggested Mustang Sally) had to take the keys away from her. It's a good thing she doesn't come around very often. It had been so long since I saw her outside my dreams, I thought she was gone for good, but she's still here, trying to entice me into reckless and careless behavior. I can't control how often she shows up in my dreams, but I can control how often she shows up when I'm not dreaming, thank God. Maybe a smidgen of wisdom came with the gray hair?

No comments: