Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What a difference a day makes! I feel so much better today than yesterday. I slept better last night and we have cooler, rainy weather today, which seems to help everybody's feelings, not the all day soaker we were hoping for but several good showers, so far. All of nature is breathing a long satisfying "Aaahhh!" It's thirst is quenched, with more rain promised for tonight and tomorrow. We watched the rain clouds roll in while we were at the pool from 10-11 am. It started right after that.

After lunch, I went to the nail salon and got a manicure and a pedicure. I figured it would be a slow day for them, Tuesdays usually are, but everybody had the same idea I did, I guess, to spend the rainy afternoon being pampered. I was ahead of the crowd, though, and got out sooner than some of them will. They had 10 customers and only 3 technicians when I left.

Mike is spending the afternoon at Ron's, playing chess and watching a Beatles documentary. I think I'll grab a nap before he returns. It's not often I get to sleep to the sound of falling rain.

No comments: