Saturday, June 09, 2007

The scales showed a 2.8 lb weight loss this morning, and that's in just two days. I'm not sure that's right, but I have stuck to the healthier choices since Thursday's doc appointment. And I fired up the metabolism with some long overdue exercise. Five quick rounds up and down the stairs increases my heart rate, which means the metabolism is kicked up a notch, and I didn't even have to put on my walking shoes. Oh, and those weights I have sitting around all over the house as door stops, I've been lifting them whenever I sit down and become sedentary. I started logging food and activity at Calorie-counts.com and have managed to burn more calories than I consume, so maybe the weight loss is valid. The analysis of the overall effort, so far, is A-, so I'm encouraged.

In case you missed Bill Moyer's interview with Presiding Bishop Katherine Schori last night, you can still see it here. Their discussion on scripture interpretation, homosexuality, and Episcopal church dissension was enlightening.

Not much else to talk about today. I went shopping and burned up 1275 calories just walking around the stores, didn't even spend much. Now that's the kind of exercise I enjoy. And I bought most of my groceries from the outside aisles, which is supposed to be healthier. Size 10, here I come!

No comments: