Friday, May 04, 2007

Well, as my cartoon counterpart says: Aaack! Nothing freaks me out like a foul-up in my online banking. I'm totally paranoid about identity theft, and, of course, it's the first thing I think of when it doesn't work. That would push me to the other side of rational, I do believe. It's a tenuous thread I'm hanging on anyway. Ok, you've all been warned!

As if I didn't already have enough to drive me crazy, I got the bright idea this morning to start a new blog, a joint venture with a friend who may veto the whole idea. If it launches, Dear Readers, you'll be the first to know.

Thunderstorms interfered with last night's sleep, since Jay-Jay insisted I stay awake with him. Poor baby just cannot quit trembling after the first rumble of thunder. About 1:00 this morning, I put him in the bottom drawer of the dresser beside my bed. At least, it stopped his pacing across my pillow and I was able to sleep. When I woke up around 3, the storm was over, so I let him out. He's been sleeping ever since.
.
Did you know it's Respect for Chickens Day? Who thought of that, I wonder. I told Mike he'd have to eat something other than chicken today and he countered with a promise to eat his Chicken Parmesan Lean Pocket very respectfully.
.
If you need a good Sunday School lesson, visit LaRue's blog. They're studying First and Second Peter this quarter. Any wonder her class loves her and her teaching? She's one of the best!
.
I watched the Republican debate last night and almost felt sorry for them. It ain't easy to finesse disagreement with Dubya and still put a good face on their campaigns. Romney made the best showing, I thought, but most Republicans I know don't acknowledge Mormons as Christians, so I can't see him gaining much traction down here. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they're desperate.
.
What Irishman said this? "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

1 comment:

mornin' said...

Oscar Wilde ?? (Surely this was an open Google test.)

Every time I read about your 'babies', I'm stunned. You didn't used to strike me as an animal person; now they sleep w/ you! Whatever makes you happy.....

Is someone trying to steal your identity? Where are they? I'll beat 'em up. Now that I give it more thought, they'd never be able to pull it off. There's only one YOU!

(Thanks for the kind words & the blog plug.)

Love Ya.