Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mother left to go home last night at 11:10 pm. I'm so happy for her, no more pain and suffering, just everlasting joy in the presence of her Savior and her loved ones. O happy day! Thank you, Lord, for answering our prayers. Give rest to thy servant Cathryn, O Christ, with thy saints, where sorrow and pain are no more, neither sighing, but life everlasting. Amen.

I didn't find out about it until this morning. The phone line in my bedroom was causing interference on my computer, so I had unplugged it, intending to replace it, but hadn't. Betsy called after she got to school to tell me, quite perturbed that the nursing home had to call her instead of me.

The funeral will not be until Saturday at Plantersville Baptist Church, the hour not yet decided, but probably about 4 pm. The weather for Tupelo this week-end is supposed to be partly cloudy and mild temps, 70/48 on Fri., 67/48 on Sat. Visitation will be Friday night at Pegues Funeral Home and Saturday afternoon. Her friend Rickey Bishop will give the eulogy with Pastor Danny Balint assisting. I'd love to have the choir from Baldwyn and Plantersville combine to sing like they did at Daddy's funeral, or maybe the Peters girls trio to sing. Any chance of that, LaRue?

I've got so many loose ends to tie up here before we head to Tupelo. The dogs aren't going to be happy about being boarded again. Since we're staying with Dave and Mary, I may take them with us. The cats are ok by themselves, except Patches has a tail injury I'm concerned about. She came in last night with the last 2 inches of her tail hairless and bloody. She wouldn't let me touch it, and how it happened is anybody's guess. I just hope it doesn't get infected. I found the missing fur this morning on the deck. She must have got it caught in something.

Paul is at Lake Washington in a fishing tournament, but said he would come whenever I wanted him to. Ricky and family will drive from Tampa on Friday, Benji and family will probably come on Friday, too. Ricky is staying at Jeanette's, not sure where Benji will stay. Karen said they would probably just get a motel room. Benji has so many friends in Tupelo, I'm sure he can find a place to go. Betsy and Richard will probably get a motel room, too. I wish Laurie and Tara could come and bring their families, including Brian. I think it would help Betsy to get through this family ordeal if her children were with her. She felt alienated and ostracized at Daddy's funeral because she wanted Danny to sit with the family and Mother did not want him to. That should not be a problem this time. I just hope everybody comes in their most mature and civil frame of mind with volatile emotions under control.

Empower and bless our best behavior, Lord, and prevent any ill will from rearing its ugly head. Give me the strength and patience to navigate the treacherous waters of family feuds and grant us smooth sailing while we're gathered to tell Jack good-bye. Let us do honor to the memory of our parents, and bring honor and glory to you. In the sweet name of Jesus, I pray. Amen

There was a certain amount of money set aside for family expense in the plans we made with Pegues, but I'm thinking that money may need to go to the nursing home, since Medicaid never picked up those two months that were in dispute. Not sure how we'll cover that.

I've got several loads of clothes to wash, and more phone calls to make. Better get busy.

1 comment:

mornin' said...

Cathy, I join in your praise that your mom is at Home now. It's so hard to see a parent go through those last days; the relief of their home-going is sweet.

I've talked to the girls & (miracle) all three of them are free Saturday if you need them. They understand that others are involved in these plans & if y'all want someone else to sing, they will not be offended. All send their prayers & love.

I'll see you sometime Friday night.

To live is Christ; to die is gain.