Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm so glad we scheduled this funeral for Saturday. I had trouble getting motivated to do much of anything yesterday except laundry. Betsy and I went to the nursing home to pick up Mother's personal effects; I still didn't find her dentures, though. And I did get most of the phone calls made that needed to be made. That took a large chunk of my time. All the kind sentiments expressed were encouraging, so today I'm more energized and ready to tackle the trip to Tupelo.

Hopefully, Mike got most of his anxiety over with and is ready to travel, too. His negativity at a time like this is just not helpful. Even though I decided early not to let it bother me, my chest pains started again. As long as Tylenol knocks it out, I'll be ok. I didn't get the EKG run. It will have to wait until next week. He did get the car washed and went to the grocery store. He's trying to contribute in a positive way, so I'm thankful for that.

LaRue's daughters have agreed to sing, for which I am enormously grateful. I don't want any organ music, I can't imagine any organ music that would comfort at this special organist's funeral, and since the arrangements have been left up to me, do I really need to consult anyone else about this? The church ladies are planning a meal after the funeral at the church, for which I hope everybody stays and enjoys. I still haven't decided how Mother should be dressed. I know she didn't want anything that looked like a nightgown, but her favorite pants suit was not hanging in her closet, so we'll have to use something else. A couple of her dresses are here in my closet, still in cleaning bags from several years back when she went totally to wearing pants. Maybe I should just use one of them.

So many details, and I haven't even started packing.

No comments: