Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's so good to be back at home, sweet home! I loved keeping my youngest grandchild and seeing the rest of his family, but between the short 2 year old and the 5'9" tall 2 year old, this gramma is tired. I was so stressed last night that I went to sleep shortly after 8 pm and woke up around midnight with chest pains. I took an Aleve and finally went back to sleep.

We took Pip to the Memphis Zoo yesterday and enjoyed about 3 good hours with him before the meltdown began. It was his naptime and brother! did he need it! We went back to the hotel, he finished his nap, and woke up in a delightful mood, ready to play. My biggest disappoitment of the day was to discover that my camera batteries were dead. I missed some really cute shots. Benji made this one on their way to see Gramma.

Gus and Jay-Jay were so happy to see us when we picked them up. They've both had baths, Gus had his annual check up and got his 3 yr. rabies shot. Jay-Jay got some "happy juice" on Thursday when it was stormy, and slept through the whole thing.

The nursing home called as soon as I got in to say that Mother is in a decline and needs to be moved to hospice. I gave them the ok, but they don't plan to move her until Monday. I'm planning to go see her in a little while and see if she will respond to me. The nurse said she is not responding to them at all.

Happy Belated Birthday to Betsy, who turned 59 yesterday. Paul has his 57th on Tuesday. May the increasing years bring increasing wisdom to both of you.

No comments: