Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sam Waterston, aka Jack McCoy on Law and Order, was on Hardball last night announcing an alternative to the polarized political procedure that we use to elect our presidents. www.unite08.com is creating a bipartisan platform with the presidential candidate from one party and the VP candidate of the other party. This organization believes the time has come to give voice to the millions who are tired of the status quo. It's an ambitious plan, not sure it's time has come, but seems I'm not the only one sick of the way things are now. The thing that bothers me the most about it is that it will have the Ralph Nader effect on the outcome of the '08 election. I don't want to see that happen again. Check it out and let me know what you think.

It's time for the quarterly review with the nursing home social worker. At 2:30 I'll meet with a lady who will not tell me anything I didn't already know about mother, simply because, well, I don't know why. The state requires it? That would be my first guess. Maybe I should ask her that question when I go. Probably another CYA issue.

I need to find out if Mother's house has been rented again. It was vacated last month and needed a couple of repairs, but our prop mgr was handling it. Haven't heard back from them on where things stand now. We probably should be charging more rent than we do, but I don't want to go through that rigamarole with the Medicaid people again.

Too much on my plate today to spend a lot of time at my computer. Hope everyone is having a blessed day.

No comments: