Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My valentine gave me roses and a card that plays "I'm walking on sunshine." He can be so romantic sometimes. I gave him a card and fixed his favorite breakfast. We're eating lunch out today. I hope everybody has a love-filled day.
...

The Yum-Yums met again last night to practice our two songs, then I went over my solo a couple of times. David and James both admonished me for keeping my light hid under a bushel most of the time. Until I sang, "I Could Have Danced All Night," they had no idea I had that much voice, they said. James said it was like a piece of rich chocolate pie but all I had ever let them taste was the meringue. Choir singing does not offer much opportunity for my Eliza Doolittle to shine though. My head was quite swelled when I left.
...

Mine is not the only light that has come out from under the bushel for Friday night's party. A force has been unleashed amongst us that demands repeat performances. The Mardi Gras party may become as big as the Goat Roast in the fall. The Spring concert may be different this year from what it's been in the past, too. The wheels are turning in our director's head. I've already decided my next solo will be "My Mama Done Told Me."
...

We've sold enough tickets already to make a nice profit. The dinner itself is worth the $50 ticket. All proceeds are going for pipe organ repairs and eventually additional pipes.
...

I had a disturbing dream about singing the other night. I was a guest at a Baptist church fellowship where they were having a talent show. Someone suggested I sing my solo from "My Fair Lady," and I agreed to do it. Several other songs from that musical were being performed by other choir members. When it came time for my solo, a group of men started singing,"She Could Have Danced All Night." I never got a chance to open my mouth. I woke up fighting mad. How dare they steal my song and silence my voice?!?!
...

Do I have unresolved issues of anger, or what?

No comments: