Monday, February 05, 2007

Mother had a 10:45 doctor's appointment, but I called and rescheduled it for next week. Why does she need to see the surgeon again? He's seen her twice since her surgery in May and she has had no problems with her incision. It's healed perfectly well. Being at the nursing home, she is checked and observed on a daily basis. The aide who bathes and dresses her is very conscientious about notifying me if she has any problem out of the ordinary. Getting her out in this cold wind seems so unnecessary, I was tempted to just cancel the whole thing. Is it a CYA issue for the surgeon? If so, he can rest assured we're not the suing kind.

My dogs have been bad boys, Gus staying out for 2 hours last night and Jay-Jay almost that long this morning. I know what Gus was doing, making the rounds of super bowl parties, anywhere a grill was fired up. He came back with a full belly and a satisfied grin. He's a charmer where handouts are a possibility. Jay-Jay just enjoys rambling around the neighborhood sometimes. Having survived mostly on his own for the first years of his life, he visits old haunts to remind himself just how lucky he is to get regular meals and shelter from the rain. He always comes back with generous puppy kisses, something quite out of character for him.

While the rest of the world watched the Super Bowl, Mike and I watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. In channel surfing I saw Peyton Manning being handed a huge trophy and figured the Colts won. And the whole thing was played in the rain? Is that what I heard? I guess those $10,000 seats weren't any drier than the $5,000 seats. If the Good Lord sends the rain on the just and the unjust, why would he discriminate between the Colts fans and the Bears fans? I started to say between the cheap seats and the expensive ones, but with the price of those tickets, nobody got a bargain. I wonder about the priorities of Americans sometimes.

Mike just called to order a hamburger and baked potato for lunch. I'd better go turn his order in to the cook.

No comments: