Friday, February 02, 2007

It's been 5 years since I had a bladder infection, but it doesn't take long to realize I've got it again. When the "go alarm" comes on and won't go off, no matter how many times you go, it's baaaack! I guess that's why I felt so bad yesterday. The doc called in a Rx for me, so I'm on the mend. What a miserable feeling. Both the doc and the pharmacist recommended cranberry juice, too. That used to be considered a folk remedy; seems the pros finally got wise to what we ladies knew all along.

I've been persuaded by the others involved with our Mardi Gras act that the Japanese version of "Three Little Maids" will be easier to do than the Andrews Sisters version. We don't have time to memorize the song, plus learn the shimmy-shimmy-shake-shake dance that goes with it, plus put costumes together. Kimonas and the white-faced, black-wigged Geisha look are supposedly easier to accomplish, and there's less choreography to learn. Later, during the Cabaret hours, we're singing "Going to the Chapel," the Dixie Cups version, which means we have to change our look entirely. Today this whole thing makes me tired to think about it. Hopefully by then, I'll have more energy and enthusiasm.

One of my favorite columnists died Wednesday, Molly Ivins, 62, of breast cancer. There is a good tribute to her at http://www.creators.com/ From their press release: America has lost a national treasure in Molly Ivins, but we are blessed to be able to look upon her columns and books for hope and a hearty laugh. For the woman who once joked, "I believe in practicing prudence at least once every two or three years," that's the way she would have wanted it.

My Illinois family got a couple inches of snow. Benji sent this picture of The Pipster. There are more on his site.

1 comment:

mornin' said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Does it do any good to say "Rest & take care of yourself?"

I'm really enjoying blogging and your encouragement means a lot. And in spite of our differences, or maybe because of them, your posts are always special to me.

Praying for you,
LaRue