Monday, December 04, 2006

Something has knocked this blog out of alignment, the sidebar has dropped below the last post on the page, not sure if or how it can be fixed. Oh well, I've got more important problems to solve.

The most pressing problem I have at the moment is how to stay warm in this drafty office. Putting the portable heater under my desk helped, but I still feel cold air coming from somewhere, I think it's coming thru that air conditioner in the window. Putting the thermal curtain back down across it should help...

OK, that was definitely needed, the drape is puffed with cold air blowing in. Maybe it needs one of those outside covers over its backside. Surely, I won't need it again until at least March. And the best handyman I've had in a long time has gone back to Tampa. Foot! I'll figure out something.

Our household has settled back into its regular routine. Gus and Jay-Jay are catching up on their sleep, and I plan to take a nap this afternoon. Mike has gone to the gym and plans to eat lunch out. I've still got a couple of extra pounds to lose by Thursday, so I declined his invitation.

I changed out my monitor's background photo, which had been of Benji and Pip since I got back from Ireland. The new one is of Cooper on the 4-wheeler and Clay jogging beside him. When I got the large version of that picture up, I was struck by Clay's likeness to my daddy again. I saw it in a summer picture, but it's back in this one, too. It's the same one I posted on yesterday's blog. Click on the picture and get the enlarged version. You'll see some Silas, too.

Ricky's picture of the barefoot bride has received more hits on my Flickr site than any of the other shots. It is a cute picture. Deanne must have inherited that dancing gene that Skip and I have. I always knew she loved to dance, but watching her have so much fun Saturday night really warmed my heart. I hope Kris can keep up with her on the dance floor. None of my husbands could keep up with me and it was a major disappointment. She chose "I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You" for the father-daughter dance. Paul looked real relieved when it was over.

Nowadays, women just get up and dance, with or without a partner, it doesn't matter. I like that better than hanging back and waiting on a reluctant husband or an overly-eager stranger.

George Bernard Shaw said, "Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire." There's probably some truth in that statement.

No comments: