Saturday, December 30, 2006

I’ve seen the lightning flashing, I’ve heard the thunder roll.
I’ve felt sin’s breakers dashing, trying to conquer my soul.
I’ve heard the voice of my Savior, bidding me still to fight on.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

We're having stormy weather at the moment, and Jay-Jay is pacing the floor. I gave him an herbal tranquilizer but it has not taken effect yet. It's the first time I've used it, so I'm anxious to see if it helps. Storms are forecast for the whole day.

Mary Ann and the boys are headed back to Tampa today, and Jeanette is going back to Baldwyn. Benji and Karen will be on the road from Mobile to my house. Protect all our loved ones, Lord, as they travel the wet highways this week-end.

Happy Birthday to Karen! Isn't she a foxy 40! Surrounded here by her 3 beautiful children and a niece. She gave Benji a new digital camera (Canon Powershot A540) for Christmas, so I'm expecting to see even more of his photography soon.

We made a very pleasant trip to Gautier yesterday. Mike was relaxed and sweet all the way there and back. I wish he could see the difference in his attitude and behavior that I see when he's sober as opposed to inebriated. It really is as stark as Jekyll and Hyde.

We enjoyed a wonderful meal with Lori's family. They have recently taken in a foster child who is a little older than Matthew. John fits right into the mix. An outsider would never know he's been in the family for only a few months.

I think the tranquilizer is helping Jay-Jay. He's quit pacing and is on the bed asleep. Mary Ann may want to try this with Maggie.

No comments: