Sunday, November 05, 2006

The wedding was sweet. I wish the power point presentation with their growing-up pictures hadn't screwed up like it did. They got as far as the groom's toddlerhood and then zip! The pianist, who was marvelous, started playing again, they interrupted her with loud music from the big screen to try again, but again it failed to launch. How embarrassing!

The preacher couldn't resist preaching about marriage, and I could have done without that. The bride's parents are divorced, and not Baptists, so lecturing the congregation about the sanctity of marriage was insensitive and a little heavy-handed, in my opinion. Made me glad, once again, to be an Episcopalian.

We came home after the ceremony, and did not go to the reception, which was being held outside in dropping temperatures. It was 50* when we left the church. I hope they had several chimneas lit. Mike suffered through 2 hours in tight pants and a necktie, but was dressed well enough that I wasn't embarrassed. I was glad we made the effort and so were the groom's parents.

This morning my sinuses are congested and I could play hooky very easily, but I won't. Sudafed and a hot steamy shower will clear up my head. Better get started.

No comments: