Thursday, November 09, 2006

I let a historic moment pass on Saturday without comment. What was I thinking? The Very Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori was installed as the Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church in Washington D.C. The National Cathedral has photos, video and audio recordings of the ceremony. It's very inspiring. Here is the link; pay it a visit, you'll be glad you did. http://www.cathedral.org/cathedral/

I'm enjoying politainment again, now that balance has been restored to some extent. To see Bush forced to make nice with the Democrats is rich. The venom and vitriol that have infected my soul for the last six years is breaking down. It's not healthy to feel the way I've felt about Bush. Time will tell how justified those feelings were. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get a "Texas whooping," as Tom Delay called it, or a "thumpin'" as he described it. Will it make a real difference in the way he conducts himself? Again, only time will tell.

It's too late for the 2, 836 American soldiers who have been killed, so far, or the 28,000+ that have been wounded, or the thousands of innocent Iraquis who were killed or maimed. Our children and grandchildren have a heavy national debt to pay, and I've lost a lot of respect for people I once regarded with high esteem. So I pray that healing has begun, not just in me, but in the deeply divided and polarized people of our nation.

1 comment:

Zoilus said...

That's more like 650,000 dead Iraqis, according to the latest estimates:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6248509