Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election day in our part of Rankin County has one judgeship to decide, that's all. There will probably not be a line to wait in at our polling place. The election coverage on tv is too nerve-wracking for me to watch. I'd rather just hear the results after it's all over.

I'm hoping Bush's appearance in Pensacola yesterday without the candidate he went to stump for is an indication of the distance all Republicans want to put between themselves and this clown. The good thing about Republicans retaining control in all branches, if that happens, is that it will be much easier for Dems to get a clean sweep across the board in '08. The death toll in Iraq, illegal immigration, and the national debt will be even more appalling than it is now, but that may be what it takes.

I lost some of my enthusiasm for a Democratic takeover when Nancy Pelosi announced there would be no impeachment of Bush on her watch. Maybe there are more pressing issues, but that would be at the top of my prioroties. I would not make a good politician.

Maybe it will improve our reputation in the world if America has enough gumption to repudiate Bush and his disastrous course. Posterity will judge us harshly if we don't. And they should.

No comments: