Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Jury duty lasted all of 30 minutes for me. I was the 3rd one excused after the judge asked, "Are you seriously ill, disabled, or the primary caregiver for someone who is seriously ill or disabled?" There was only one case on this week's docket and they had a pool of about 60 Rankin countians from which to choose, so they had more than enough people without me.

I tripped and fell while out walking the dogs this morning, knocked a knot on my noggin, skinned my hand and elbow, and bruised my knee. My neck, shoulders and back are aching like I twisted something, or maybe it's from the jar. I hit hard on the sidewalk, even though I tried to fall on the grass when I realized I was going down. I've fallen on that part of our uneven sidewalk before, but going in the opposite direction. That's another reason I didn't feel badly about getting excused from jury duty.

Maybe I should have read my horoscope before taking the dogs out: Sun is in Libra, Moon is going from Taurus into Gemini. Conditions are unstable for a while, so pay attention. Use experts and other associates to help, to minimize frustration.

Mike got a movie he wants me to watch with him this afternoon, but my puppies want me to take our regular nap with them first. My aching body is telling me it needs a nap, too. The movie will have to wait.

No comments: