Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I replaced my computer mouse with a $3.50 mouse from Big Lots, and I can't believe the difference it makes, so much more responsive than the original. Maybe I can also get a new monitor soon, and figure out a way to make my old scanner work, or get a new one.

Rain is promised for the day, then much cooler temps, down to 44* by Friday night. One of the fair workers said last night on the news that he always expects this when he comes to Jackson. By the time they leave, they will have had a range of 44 to 94 degrees. Mississippi weather, gotta love it.

The bump on my forehead is not as pronounced today as it was yesterday, but the joint and muscle ache is worse. Gus just climbed into my lap. I've got to give them baths today and apply their Frontline. Several loads of laundry need to be washed, ironing is piled high, and I bought fall veggies to cook - greens, cabbage, sweet potatoes. Take your Tylenol, Cathy, and get busy.

I learned yesterday that my sister is looking for a larger house to accomodate her and her ex, so I'll soon have a townhouse for rent if she finds one. Benji was called for jury duty this week, too. What are the odds of that happening? He would have been excused from their first trial since he believes pot should be legal. I'm still trying to work out a few days when Mike and I can go to Tampa, but with his new round of therapy just approved, it may not happen. I should fly down by myself, but I don't want to leave the dogs here with him. The carpet was filthy when I got back from Ireland, he doesn't let them out nearly enough. And there are budget constraints, making ends meet is more challenging than it used to be.

No comments: