Friday, October 20, 2006

Jay-Jay has a rash on his tummy and chest that made him miserable all night long. Neither of us got much sleep. He got into something that gave him an allergic reaction, so he has paced the floor and scratched himself for the last 12 hours or so, poor baby. I hope it wasn't the new dog food I bought. The red splotches appear to be going away and he's finally relaxed on the day bed enough to sleep. I need to get some doggie Benadryl while I'm out today.

George posted a picture of Forrest McFatridge Jr. on his website. He was the son of a Plantersville Baptist pastor before Daddy. That name is so unique that, on a whim, I decided to google it. I found his genealogy and I also found in Nashville's Christ (Episcopal) Cathedral newsletter that name listed as a chalice bearer for last Sunday's service. Wonder how many there are of us - former Baptist PK's who became Episcopalians? In my small circle of acquaintances, I know 3. I'd love to find out this man's history and the story of his spiritual journey. I wonder if this is the son or the grandson of the Plantersville pastor, there has to be a connection.

The St. Louis Cardinals made it to the World Series again. Remember when they were the closest thing to a Southern team in pro baseball? I guess that's why Cecil and Daddy were such big fans. Before Cecil fi-i-i-i-nally got a tv, he used to come over and watch the games with Daddy, who was so animated and excited that he was a show unto himself. Maybe that's where my boys get it. Wonder who they're rooting for? I should know, but I don't, fill me in, Guys. I really miss having at least one sports fan in the house, whooping and hollering, jumping up and down, rolling in the floor, they were a sight to behold. I'm a fan of sports fans, you could say. Mike had rather watch paint dry than watch a ballgame.

No comments: