Saturday, October 21, 2006

I cooked pancakes, sausage and scrambled eggs for breakfast. At my house, it's not nearly as heavy and rich as it sounds. We use low-fat Bisquick, skim milk, Eggland eggs, Jimmy Dean low-fat sausage, etc.

I scrambled enough eggs for the dogs, too, and they loved it. I've decided Jay-Jay's itch may have been caused by Beneful, the new food I bought for them this week. It was the shiny coat formula, so it contains an ingredient that affects the skin. There was some mention of that on the discussion boards I googled last night. Anyway, we'll try a day or two without it and see if it helps. The rash went away during the day, but came back last night after he ate. I applied some hydro-cortisone ointment to his chest and tummy, and that seemed to help. At least, we were both able to sleep.

Happy news from LaRue this morning - Laurie's 4th baby will be a girl! Maybe she will be a gorgeous redhead like her mom (and her granny). Laurie's cousin Carolyn just had a beautiful baby girl on the 3rd. She and her husband both have great blogs. I hope these girls grow up to be good friends, as well as cousins, and can sing like little angels the way their mommies did. Congratulations, Ladies!

Benji has discovered the joys of observing life through the viewfinder of his camera. Thank goodness he doesn't have the expense of film and developing like I did when I went through that phase of my life.

Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don’t remember growing older,
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn’t it yesterday when they were small?

Sunrise sunset, sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly flow the days,
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossoming even as they gaze . . .
Sunrise sunset, sunrise, sunset!
Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears . . .
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears . . .

Sunrise, Sunset lyrics by Sheldon Harnick
from Fiddler on the Roof

My neighbor Pam is having an Arbonne party this afternoon and I told her I would come. Gotta wash clothes and do nails first. Better get busy.

No comments: