Sunday, October 08, 2006

Goat Roast Sunday has come and gone; fun, fellowship, and food were had by all. Once a year of "noisy" church is enough for me. I much prefer the more reverant atmosphere we normally have. Walking into the nave where people are talking, laughing, visiting loudly, rather than quietly on their knees praying is always a little disconcerting to me.

We had standing room only again with another hundred or so people milling around outside, setting up food tables, etc. Tom said we have 3 big services, rather than the 2 big services that most churches have - Christmas, Easter, and Goat Roast Bluegrass Mass. His sermon was unusually good today. Pictures of today's event should be on the website soon. www.stphilipsjackson.com

Georgie was at our church today with her brother Jerry and his wife Sherry. Jerry was serving communion. I can't imagine what it would be like to have communion served to me by my brother. Sherry has a brother named Silas and a nephew named Silas, who were also guests with her today. I've never known anyone else named Silas but my father and my grandson.

My weight loss has completely stalled out, none to report for the last week. I've got to quit eating so much in the evening.

No comments: