Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I went to bed early last night, mainly because it was raining and Jay-Jay was nervously pacing until I lay down with him. There were a couple of Law and Order episodes on TNT that I hadn't seen, so I watched those, but by 10:00, I was out. I intended to get up and make my final round through the house - turning off lights, AC's, locking doors, and starting coffee, but never did. Good thing we live in a safe neighborhood.

We're being promised more rain today and cooler temperatures. Is Autumn arriving early? Experience tells me we haven't seen the last of the 90's. I do enjoy these cool respites, though; it's a good time to make vegetable soup. We have about a 6" rainfall deficit for the year. I hope it comes in slow soaking rains rather than flash floods.

A speech pathologist from the nusing home called last night to say Mother is having trouble swallowing. She plans to do more observation today to see if it is mostly the liquids, or the solids and the liquids that are going down her windpipe. She's losing weight, too, she said, because she's been refusing to eat much of her food. I'm wondering if the cancer has not spread to something that is affecting her esophagus. She said it was possible. Dr. Kroos is scheduled to do a thorough exam when he makes his rounds this week.


Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:
Take my hand, precious Lord, Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall:
Take my hand, Precious Lord, lead me home.

When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:
Take my hand, Precious Lord, lead me home.

by Thomas Dorsey, from
http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/p/l/pltmhand.htm

.

No comments: