Saturday, September 02, 2006

I didn't hit the Sept 1 weight loss goal until Sept 2, but I have hit it and passed it. I'm quite pleased with me.

Mike's Christmas gift was delivered this week - a TEAC stereo that allows vinyl LP's to be recorded on to CD's. It was advertised in my Sears bill last month at the same time he was looking for someone to do this for him. His friends have plenty of expensive equipment, but no one has the capability to transfer analog to digital. Immediately, when he saw the flyer, he said, "order it." We're not totally satisfied with the quality of the sound and may send it back. I'm going online to see what other manufacturers make equipment like this. We really should have done more research before ordering. I hate having to return things.

Mike has been named in a lawsuit by his ex's landlord, along with his ex. He co-signed the original one year lease because she couldn't pass a credit check. Child support was paid directly to the landlord after she agreed to that in writing. He seems to think Mike has an implied continuing obligation even though the lease expired years ago and child support obligations ended almost two years ago. I don't think he has a case, neither does Mike, but he hasn't talked to a lawyer.

I didn't dare say, "I told you so," but I did try to warn him not to do it. People have enabled her irresponsibility all her life, that's why she can't work for anyone but herself. And if she's 4 months behind in rent, she's obviously not a very good empoyee.

What irked me the most was that Darling Daughter called him being friendlier than usual, "chatting him up," they call it now, then gave the phone to her mother so she could give him a "heads up." He was spitting nails when he got off the phone, called the landlord and cussed him a blue streak, scared the dogs so bad they both hid under the bed. I had to leave the house. I felt like someone had flushed a nasty toilet in my face. At times like this it helps to remember the prayer I read every morning from Forward Day by Day:

O God:
Give me strength to live another day;
Let me not turn coward before its difficulties or prove recreant to its duties;
Let me not lose faith in other people;
Keep me sweet and sound of heart, in spite of ingratitude, treachery, or meanness;
Preserve me from minding little stings or giving them;
Help me to keep my heart clean, and to live so honestly and fearlessly that no outward failure can dishearten me or take away the joy of conscious integrity;
Open wide the eyes of my soul that I may see good in all things;
Grant me this day some new vision of thy truth;
Inspire me with the spirit of joy and gladness;
And make me the cup of strength to suffering souls;
In the name of the strong Deliverer, our only Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments: