Thursday, August 03, 2006

The new camera arrived yesterday, and I'm having so much fun trying to figure it out. Making the pictures is simple enough, but after I download them from the camera to the computer, I haven't quite figured out where to go from there. I attempted to post a picture of Gus to the blog, but for some reason, I keep getting errors. My last attempt gave me an error before I even browsed for the file I needed, so it may just be a blogger website problem. I'll try again later. I was able to print, but didn't get the layout I wanted.

Since I have more than one photo program on this computer, I'm wondering if there isn't a conflict between some of the programs. Maybe my computer is as confused as I am, not likely, but considering its operator, maybe.

I'm falling way behind again in things that need to be done around here. I've got first of the month bills to pay, laundry to finish, dusting and vacuuming, etc, etc, etc. I invited my cousins to visit next week. I wish they would tell me they're coming, I'd be more motivated to clean house and take care of business. Instead, I'll probably spend the afternoon going to the nail shop, napping, and fooling with the new camera and software. The word malingering might aptly describe me, especially during the summer. I did take the dogs for a walk this morning, so I'm not totally worthless. Mike just reminded me of the Evensong at St. Philip's at 5:30. The music conference choir is singing. I better get to ginning.

My neighbor Art came over to tell me his grandbaby Katey is at his house with her parents, who sold their house, but can't move into their new one, yet. Looks like they may be with him a couple of days. I've never seen the baby, who was born the same week as Harlee, but he's shown me pictures. He told me to go over sometime today to see her. She was still asleep when he was here.

Skip sent the cutest picture of his newest grandbaby Amanda, 2nd-born to his son Jonathan. Helen is expecting her first granddaughter next week from daughter Lillian. They're naming her Julia. My friend Larue is expecting another grand from daughter Laurie in Feb. With 3 boys already, Laurie thinks this may be another boy. I'm hoping my youngest grandchild is back at home in his own crib by now. I wonder if he remembers their home in Makanda, they've been gone almost 8 months. I know Benji was tired of being gone so long. They went to Asheville for their summer school gig right after returning from Ireland.

1 comment:

Zoilus said...

Your grandson is definitely happy back in his crib, sleeping sweetly in the room we built for him.

Now if we could just get him on CST instead of EST.