Tuesday, August 08, 2006


My early start on blogging was interrupted by Mick, prowling across my desk, with a tone of irritation in his meow. "You promised me fresh kitty litter this morning, so why haven't you done it, yet?" I knew exactly what he was up to. Going back downstairs got me sidetracked for another hour, but now I have fewer unfinished chores nagging at me while I settle into my comfort zone.

I've been trying my best to figure out how pictures from my family tree file can be copied and pasted to a different file. I know there is a way to do it, I've done it before, but so far, it eludes me. Oh, well, I'll get a great deal of satisfaction when the solution to this problem finally comes to me.

In the meantime, I'm having loads of fun with the new camera. I stopped at Best Buy yesterday and bought a 1.0 GB memory card and a 15 min battery recharger. The smart aleck kid working cameras was not a fan of Kodak anything, and had trouble speaking plain English to this grandmother who is mainly interested in making pictures of grandchildren and pets. He did agree that what I have is fine for that, like I must be the most unimaginative photographer he's ever wasted his vast store of expertise on. "Different strokes for different folks," I told him, and he stared at me like he'd never heard that line before. Really.

While browsing through the genealogy files, I realized there are several branches in this family tree that need to be updated. Skip had only one grandchild when I did his family, and Jack only had two great-grands. Now she has 9. Several marriages, births, and deaths have not been added. Too much on my plate right now to tackle this, but it's on my list of things to do. Maybe this fall or winter, that's when I really enjoy family history.

3 comments:

Zoilus said...

So is today Richbob's birthday? Or was it Don Allen's? I know the 8th of August is someone's bday, but I just can't think of who it is.

Zoilus said...

Oh, and you should be able to right-click on those photos and "save to disk" (or some variation thereof).

C J Garrett said...

Yeah, you would think, but right clicking does not work at all on those files. They have some sort of protection feature that I can't break through.