Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just what I needed - a new blogging format to learn. New Blogger in Beta, better blogging with new features! Our current format has been improved. Transferring archives from the old to the new is still iffy, though, so I've decided to stay with the old until they have ironed out all the wrinkles. Or I may just start a new one at the first of the month. I don't want to lose my six months recorded here, and I'm not sure what would happen to it if I don't attempt to transfer it. I've got more reading to do, obviously.

The blogging bug, once it bites, can be infectious. Since I've journaled for years, I can't imagine life without writing, but blogging satisfies several other urges beside self-expression - creativity, communication, entertaining my friends and family, blowing off steam, it's just great fun!

Since I added the site meter I can see where my readers are from - Clinton, Jackson, Richland, Hammond, Tampa, Watertown, Brooklyn, Durham, Tupelo, Carbondale, so even though it doesn't tell me who they are, I have a good idea, and I am humbled by every hit I get. Thank you all for caring! So far, only my Carbondale and Clinton readers have signed up with Blogger to be able to comment. Most feedback comes as e-mail, which I also love to get.

Mike let me sleep in this morning while he dressed himself and went to Waffle House for breakfast. His court experience was frustrating, but he made new friends of the plaintiff and her family. He wants me to make billfold size pictures of our pets so he can show them as "our babies." Seems the people he met yesterday all wanted to see pictures. They were all dog lovers.

My weight loss goal for August has been reached! When I get real brave I will post the numbers. 10 pounds lost since June 1, that's all the numbers I'm telling for now.

Cousin Bill is considering a move to Jackson from Atlanta, so his son Robin can attend Millsaps. As an RN, Bill will have no trouble getting a job wherever he wants to live, and Robin is so smart and so cute, he should do well wherever he goes. Am I the only one who sees some Silas in this kid? Yeah, I know, I tend to give Daddy credit for all the handsome genes in the family, like he was the only good looking family member we have, which I know is not true, but I do have a b/w photo of him that looks a lot like this when he was in his 20's.

No comments: