Friday, June 30, 2006

This year is half over, hard to believe! Mike and I have been out all morning running errands. We carried his brace by the orthotic shop so they could replace a broken piece, then went to Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Farmer's Market, and McAllister's for lunch. I'm ready for a nap.

3:35pm. Well, that was a total waste of time. Gus woke me up everytime I dropped off, barking at the UPS truck, a loud boom box that drove by, the yard man with the weed eater, and whatever else happened to get his attention. Some days are like that. Yesterday we slept undisturbed for 2 hours. The temp in my office is 85* despite all AC's going at full blast. There is just no way to cool an uninsulated upstairs room in the heat of a Mississippi summer. Thank goodness I have a ceiling fan.

My favorite blogger Father Jake had to turn on comment moderation because some extremists were getting nasty. True colors were shining through, not a pretty sight in a few cases. I did some reading on how this controversy all began, and the similarity between it and what happened in the SBC is unmistakable. So sad. At least, the Episcopal church has resisted the influence of the schismatics longer than the other denominations. Their goal seems to be theocracy and they're not going to be satisfied until they're in total control of the churches and the government. With Bush and the Republicans ruining our country, I'd say we have all the proof we need to resist this idiocy.

God help us.

No comments: