Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm planning to go to the hospital after finishing several chores around here that are past due. Mike's going with me, but will go to the gym and work out while he's there.

I actually enjoyed the time I spent with Mother yesterday. The halydol put her in a better place than she's normally in. She has no idea where she is, or that she is seriously ill. The nursing home has lost her bottom dentures and she doesn't want the top ones in, so I asked that she be changed to a soft diet. With no teeth, she had trouble with the regular food.

Betsy and Richard came to visit last night. So did Deanne and her boyfriend Chris. Paul was there yesterday afternoon, but I missed him. The oncologist never did show up, but I probably misunderstood what Dr. Carrol told me. They will have to get the results of the biopsy back before the oncologist can make recommendations. Whether they plan to keep her in the hospital all week-end or not, I haven't heard. I want to schedule the consultation with the oncologist, if possible, so Paul and Betsy can be there if they want to be. I'm not making this decision by myself.

No comments: