Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The house for sale on Parkway is clearly out of my price range. It's got the kind of space that would be perfect for two couples - two downstairs master suites, 2 offices, 3 bedrooms upstairs. It's 20 years old and from the photos looks like it could use some updating. Even though it's higher than I can afford, it's lower than most houses that size, which makes me wonder if it has foundation problems. That's so prevalent in our area with Yazoo clay. If we sold our rental properties, we might could swing it, but the whole process is more hassle than I can undertake right now. If the Madison house were suddenly rezoned to commercial, I wouldn't hesitate, even if I had to take amphetimines for the necessary energy. It's not as close to the water as we are now, but still within walking distance. If Ricky and Mary Ann would move back up here, we could live very comfortably there, but that's impossible wishful thinking, for sure.

Mike needs my help again, he's got an appointment this afternoon with clients and wants me to go with him. Today I don't mind. The dogs went with us yesterday and that always makes safe driving a challenge, but they seemed so insecure after I'd left them for 5 days in a row, I couldn't bear to do it again. Today they're staying here, I don't care how sad they look. I love coming home and being greeted by them. (God, help me be as good a person as my dogs think I am.) It reminds me of the way Ricky and Benji would run to me squealing, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" and hug me and cover me with kisses when I picked them up at Joyland. It's one of my favorite memories.

No comments: