Sunday, March 12, 2006

What a lovely Sabbath I've had today. Our Bible readings this morning included one of my favorite Psalms - 16. Unfortunately, some of my favorite phrases were left out of the version we did in church. Today's English Version says, "How excellent are the Lord's faithful people! My greatest pleasure is to be with them...I am always aware of the Lord's presence; he is near, and nothing can shake me...You will show me the path that leads to life; your presence fills me with joy, and brings me pleasure forever."

Another rich blessing was this week's Pipedreams program from American Public Radio. Performed at King's College Chapel in Cambridge and featuring the King's College Choir and organ. I listened to most of it before leaving for church, then listened to the entire program again this afternoon. Here's the link:


http://pipedreams.publicradio.org/listings/0610/

I sent the link to all the choir members and to Betsy. She and I are going to the organ concert at St. Andrews Cathedral at 4:00. Our favorite organist David O'Steen is performing on the new pipe organ that was installed there just last year. He is a superb musician and gets heavenly sounds out of our choir at St. Philip's. The two anthems we did today went much better than I anticipated, but they usually do. He admonished us to sing with confidence and we did.

Mike chose not to go to church today, driving instead to Terry to visit Ron. I didn't protest. I really enjoy what little disconnect time I have from him. I feel like I truly get a day of rest when he does that. We did have some tense moments before I left for church. Mick got out again and wouldn't come in. He eventually did (he always does), but that doesn't keep Mike from going into worst case scenario mode. I wish he wouldn't let things like that bother him so.

No comments: