Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Today has been a much better day than yesterday. The groundhog didn't see his shadow, but I saw mine and mine wasn't the one cast by the sun, even though I saw that, too. Summertime will arrive on schedule.

I acknowledged long ago that there is a Jekyll and Hyde in everyone. Every once in a while my Hyde side rears its ugly head and tries to overpower the Jekyll side. It's been a while since the two sides wrestled for dominance, but yesterday was such a day. I'm happy to report that Jekyll won, but I know I haven't heard the last of Hyde. Such is the human dilemma.

I spent the morning at St. Dominic's while Mike went to therapy sessions. The coffee shop in Dominican Plaza has become one of my favorite hang-outs. I didn't feel like going shopping, which is what I do sometimes while he's there, but instead, drank coffee and journaled and visited with a couple of other people who are frequently there at the same time I am.

This afternoon I indulged in a 2 hour nap, shopped for groceries and spent some time visiting with my friend and neighbor Sandra. The spin bike that Art got for me in November has done nothing but collect dust in my garage, so she wants to try it and see how she likes it. I hope she does. She has a different type exercise bike that I like, so we're thinking of trading. I also listened to some lectures on Archive.org. All kinds of neat free stuff on this site.

No comments: