Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I just watched the National Prayer Service from the National Cathedral in Washington DC. Talk about powerful! Wow. If you were not fortunate enough to see it, you can see it on the National Cathedral site. The program is available there, too. I watched most of it on C-Span, to get the whole service without commentary, and the video can be seen there, as well. And if Dr. Wintley Phipps' rendition of Amazing Grace doesn't bring tears to your eyes or run chills down your spine, you need to check your pulse. This morning's performance hasn't hit YouTube, yet, but his Carnegie Hall performance of this powerful hymn and a background story to go with it are here, complete with Bill Gaither's Homecoming Choir doing backup.

Mike still doesn't feel like getting up, and seems quite content to stay in the bed with the dogs on the bed with him. He seems to have a new appreciation for being at home. Nursing homes do that to some people, I understand.

I'm planning to eat lunch with the Water Lilies today. Sway's Restaurant is only about 5 minutes away from our house, so I can get home quickly, in case of emergency. I missed a couple of parties last night that I'd hoped to attend, but just didn't feel comfortable about leaving Mike here alone. With the temps going back down into the 20's, I didn't mind so much. His friend Steve is planning to come over tonight while I go to choir rehearsal.

No comments: