Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The new monitor came in, I got it hooked up, and I'm lovin' it! Y'all were right! I didn't know what I was missing. Now I don't have to squint anymore to see pictures and read. Great gift, Guys! Thanks! I'm so proud of this new toy, I didn't even clean off my desk before Mike snapped the picture.

The Red Hat Readers luncheon was a lot of fun today. (Maybe that explains the red cap I'm wearing.) I always learn stuff when I hang out with this crowd. Smart bunch of ladies. I wish I'd known them better when Mike had his stroke, but I had been a member at St. Philip's for only a year when that happened, and really didn't know anyone except choir members, and not all of them. I realize now what a mistake it was to turn down all the help that was offered from these kind but total strangers. I've always felt self-conscious about my modest little hovel, especially when we had Mike's hospital bed in the living room for the first couple of months, so consequently, I cheated myself out of an opportunity to make friends with some of the sweetest people I know now. Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?


Today is the fifth anniversary of our acquiring Gus. Bless his heart, if he wasn't the most adorable homeless creature ever! I'm just glad he made it very plain that he wanted to live here with us. He thinks it was his lucky day, but really it was ours. He had me at hello.

No comments: