Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My appetite for the political talk shows has diminished considerably since the election. In fact, my TV has had a good rest for the last three weeks. From what little I've seen, our President-Elect seems to be putting together a great cabinet and is ready to tackle all the challenges of the economic crisis. I don't like all this bailout business, but I don't think the alternative is good either.

Getting ready for company this week has not been as stressful as it usually is. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them. I've planned a dinner on Thursday that I think everyone will enjoy.


Roast Turkey and Dressing
Shoepeg Corn Casserole
Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Jack's Cranberry Apple Congealed Salad
Yeast Rolls
Iced Tea - White Wine - Coffee
Razzleberry Pie with Ice Cream
Caramel Walnut Cake
I just hope the turkey is thawed by the time I get ready to cook it. My friend Pam let me store it in her extra refrigerator, and I didn't transfer it from freezer to fridge until this morning, but according to the Honeysuckle White website, that should be plenty of time. We'll see. That website has videos showing exactly every step to make from freezer to table. The novice cook today has so much more help than my generation had.

No comments: