Monday, November 10, 2008

I awakened this morning in a state of high energy and efficiency, a most unusual occurrence around here. I'm one of those people who usually takes a couple of hours to be even coherent, much less brilliant, but today I woke up brimming with maximum physical and mental capacity and raring to go. I have no idea what made the difference, there's been no change in my routine, but today everything clicked.

I went to the Y with my friend Sandra, did deep water aerobics for an hour and a half, came home and got more done in a couple of hours than I usually do in a whole day. Very little of the confusion, bumfuzzlement, frustration and incoordination that I normally deal with daily. It was amazing. Seems I had one of these days last on May 22 when I described it as "all 8 cylinders working smoothly." Hmmm... almost 6 months ago... maybe it's a twice a year phenomenon. Whatever! I'll take as many as I can get and be thankful for them.

Maybe I'm just excited about Skip coming tomorrow, or the kids and grandkids coming for Thanksgiving. It does help to have something enjoyable to look forward to, doesn't it? I'm hoping Skip and I can celebrate last week's election since I feel like I was cheated out of a celebration last week, but that's a story for another day. I don't want to end such a happy day on an unhappy note. I hope the rest of you are well and happy, too.

No comments: