Monday, October 06, 2008

At 11:00 am CST, a 13 minute video will be released by the Obama campaign revealing John McCain's involvement in the Savings and Loan debacle that came to be known as the Keating 5 Scandal. John McCain opened Pandora's Box when he decided to go to personal attacks against Obama for the remainder of his campaign. He may regret making that decision. I hope so. I'm glad that Obama is not allowing himself to be Swift-boated as Kerry was in 2004. I hate this part of campaigns, buy hey, all is fair in love, war, and politics, right? The gloves are off, according to the moose slaughtering governor from Alaska, and the fight from here on out will be dirty.

I continue to read and hear about this campaign as it compares to sports contests, and I don't totally disagree with that analogy. My only problem with that is, "Where are the referees?" Is it possible that before “we, the people” are subjected to another blood bath in 2012 we could have an ethics panel in place headed by an ombudsman to keep everybody honest and honorable, imposing real penalties for violations of rules, i.e. no advertising for 3 days, no personal appearances, etc?

I’m sick of the lies, the slander, the personal attacks and the waste of money it has taken to produce this garbage. Enough!

The Christian Science Monitor has a good article this morning using the sports analogy, Conservatives question McCain’s attack strategy. Some good comments follow, including one from Yours Truly. I comment on articles a lot lately, since I can't seem to get much civil conversation going with this blog, and the uncivil comments, I try to ignore. But that is getting harder and harder to do. I sure will be glad when this election is behind us.

The Dow-Jones just fell below 10,000, did you see it? Batten down the hatches, boys and girls! Hurricane season runs through November.

No comments: