Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle Obama's speech at the convention last night could not have been better. I hate that the speech was necessary, but I'm glad she delivered it with such style and grace. Did it change the minds of those who have believed and propagated the lies about her and her husband? Probably not, but for those "undecideds" with an open mind, surely she appeared to be very unmonster-like.

I admire so many things about her, but especially her decision to work in the public service sector, rather than pursuing a high-powered, high-paying career in an expensive law firm. She and Barack have used their advantages to benefit others who were less fortunate, which tells me a lot about their Christian faith and their patriotism.

...driven by the simple belief that the world as it is just won't do; that we have an obligation to fight for the world as it should be.

In case you missed the report on Joe Biden's personal net worth, it's here and it's very modest. His memoir, "Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics" is suddenly a best-seller and Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com are currently sold out.

And if you, like I, are tired of the inane commentary accompanying the convention on TV, switch over to C-Span. I did, and I like it much better. I mean, I like the MSNBC guys, but some of their guests are just plain stupid. And there are no commercials on C-Span.

No comments: