Sunday, June 29, 2008

With David still gone on vacation, we had another guest organist today Will Tate, who did an adequate job, but was one of those that made me think once again that with just a little practice I could play that organ. Then I remembered how lost I was last year when I tried to work left and right feet on the bass pedals with right and left hands on the keyboard. I realized then that my hardwiring is deficient. It ain't gonna happen - too many years on the Hammond with only 3 of my 4 limbs employed.

Our soprano section was outnumbered by the alto section 7 to 3 this morning, but we held our own. The Palestrina anthem -Sicut Cervus - was one we know well and with James leading us our a cappella sounded really good to me, we stayed on pitch best I could tell. We didn't do it quite as slow as this choir (King's College Choir) on YouTube, but it's the same arrangement.


Sicut cervus desiderat ad fontes aquarum,
ita desiderat anima mea ad te, Deus.


(As the deer longs for running water, so longs my soul for you, O Lord. Psalm 42:1)

No comments: