Monday, June 23, 2008

Whew! What a drive! I'm whupped! Between juggling two dogs and checking the air pressure in the back left tire everytime I stopped, I'm just glad to be home and especially proud to say there was no flat tire. The pressure did get down to 16 psi, but after airing it up in Kosciusko it stayed inflated. I just couldn't get the "low tire" light on the dashboard to go off and stay off. I got assistance from the super nice principal of KJHS Pat Henderson who seemed surprised to find an Obama bumper sticker on a white lady's car. I took the Trace knowing the slower speed would make my gas go further and sure enough, I was able to make the trip up there and back plus two round trips between Tupelo and Jericho on one tank.
.
It was good to see Jeanette again and all her family. She entertained over 30 people for a cook-out Sunday evening. Clay and Cooper had plenty of other children there to play with so Gramma was the last thing on their mind, but that's as it should be. I enjoyed watching them have fun. I gave Clay birthday money to apply to his summer camp expense. He and Cooper are signed up to go in July with the youth from their church to a camp in Benton, Tennessee, which is close to Chattanooga.

This morning they found three baby birds who died in their nest after not being fed by their mother, so they, along with their cousin Matthew, put them in a shoebox, dug a grave and gave them a proper Christian burial. "Your Heavenly Father knows of each sparrow who falls. You are worth more to him than any sparrow. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Amen."

I stopped and visited with LaRue at her office for a few minutes on my way out of Tupelo. She's getting slim again and I'm so jealous. You go, Girl!

No comments: